Who Comes to the Residential Program
- Women with emotional, spiritual and identity problems.
- Women suffering from depression, anxiety or personality disorders. They may be on anti-depressant medications (Note: We are unable to accept anyone with diagnosed or apparent psychotic illness or who is taking anti-psychotic medications).
- Women coming from recent trauma or divorce.
- Women who were addicts but have successfully completed a minimum six-month drug or alcohol rehabilitation program.
- Women who need biblical discipleship training for ministering to other women.
- We do understand the importance of ministries to the homeless and indigent, and we do often accept women into the program who have serious financial situations such as debt, but the Refuge is neither a homeless shelter, nor a battered women’s shelter, nor a halfway house.