Who Comes to the Residential Program
- A woman with emotional, spiritual or identity problems.
- A woman suffering from depression, anxiety or a personality disorder. She may be on anti-depressant medications.
- A woman coming from recent trauma or divorce.
- A woman who desires biblical discipleship training for ministering to other women.
- If a woman has a history of drug or alcohol addiction, she must be free from those addictions for at least six months.
- A woman who smokes will need to be completely off of nicotine for at least two weeks before entering the program.
- We do understand the importance of ministries to the homeless and indigent, and we often do accept women into the program who have serious financial situations such as debt, but the Refuge is neither a homeless shelter, nor a battered women’s shelter, nor a halfway house.